Hey Vegetarian Pandas, What Motivated Or Impressed You To Go Meatless?

Was it for a more healthy weight-reduction plan, to assist the surroundings, or just an enormous animal lover. Additionally, did you go “chilly turkey?”

I began getting actually grossed out by the considered consuming useless cells and flesh that will usually be rotting by now if it weren’t for the chemical substances the put in/on it. Decomposing flesh was my cause so chilly turkey was not an issue and 10yrs later no regrets.

I by no means truly preferred the style or the chewing of meat from a really younger age. I used to be proud of plenty of greens on my plate. Though I wasn’t consuming meat I by no means considered myself as a vegetarian till my early 20s.

I nonetheless keep in mind the day I first used the phrase ‘vegetarian’. Though I by no means had eaten meat somebody nonetheless stated, “I am going to offer you a month.” (lol)

In a means I contribute my good well being to by no means consuming meat. Once I moved to a small city I registered with the native physician. I might been there 15 years once they began sending me letters to go and see them. After the fifth or sixth letter I went. They wished to know why I hadn’t been earlier than and thought it ‘unusual’ (the docs phrase) why I by no means took medicine. One other 15 years have handed and I have not been again.

Some folks could downvote me for saying however I am truly proud to by no means have been at a McDonald’s in my life.

I hardly ever say I am a vegetarian however quite that I do not eat meat. Possibly that is as a result of it is what I stated as a toddler. To today I nonetheless get, “So you do not eat rooster?” “No!” “Not even fish?” “No!”

Lastly as a result of I have been a non meat eater my complete life I by no means preach to others. Besides possibly for the couple of occasions when somebody, I do know personally, would put means an excessive amount of meat on their plate. They by no means ate all of it so would then throw it out. I’ve sort of stated, “Do you know an animal died to offer you that?”

As soon as I used to be sufficiently old to know that meat was animals, it was over. I cried as a result of I didn’t wish to eat a cow.

I simply did not wish to contribute my cash within the organized torture of cows, chickens, turkey, pigs and so on. I do nonetheless eat fish, so pescatarian. I had been eager to cease consuming meat for over a decade, however I lived in cattle county in a purple state. It was tougher than it ought to have been.

Then I went to India for six months in 2013 and it’s so simple there. Simply stored with it for the remainder of my journey. Once I got here again to the states, I moved to a blue state. It was a lot simpler to not eat meat in a blue state. Extra progressive concepts, like not consuming meat. With all of the plant-based “meats”, it’s simpler than ever.

I’m engaged on giving up fish after which will work in the direction of changing into vegan. The fish factor is so onerous, as most drive thrus have a fish sandwich. I’m not an enormous fan of fast-food salads, however I like quick meals. The unimaginable burger at Burger King was a recreation changer. I actually can not inform the distinction.

Driving previous a discipline of gorgeous cows one Sunday 30 years in the past, admiring nature, then connecting the actual fact they have been the species slaughtered for my roast later that day? By no means did have that meal, or another since containing flesh.

I am not going meatless but however I noticed a truck filled with reside chickens on a freeway so I began to look at what I ate and from the place after